- Learn about different types of survey and the key characteristics of statistically valid and reliable surveys, together with the features of poor quality surveys
- Compare survey house methodologies e.g. Towers Watson, Mercer, Hay, Alan Jones, PwC, XpertHR, AonHewitt and Croner
- Understand relevant statistics and terms – sample sizes, data integrity and validity, compa-ratios, measures of central tendency, percentiles, regression analysis and normal distributions
- Appreciate how to input data to surveys and potential pitfalls, including intellectual property and confidentiality obligations to employees, survey houses and participating companies
- Selecting and using appropriate and multi-source survey data
- Statistical significance, data points and the ageing, blending and weighting of data
- Internal differentials and external market comparisons – including issues of actual v perceived
We will tailor courses to provide professional development to those with reward business partnering responsibilities or who need to develop their reward analyst skills.
Below is an example of a two day course delivered to a major UK financial institution. The course was devised into two one day workshops and was focussed on upskilling the reward team in the areas
1. Salary Surveys and Pay Data Analysis
2. Pay Structures and Pay Reviews
HRBPs and Generalists also attended a number of different sessions across the two days to strengthen their specific knowledge in key areas.